The Garden is open daily from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., with the last entry/admission sold one hour before closing. The last photography pass will be sold at 4 p.m. to allow for the full two hours. Please double check open days and hours directly with the venue.
A Visitor’s Guide to the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
Just a short drive from the The RV Resort, the Fort Worth Botanic Garden is a must-visit for lovers of flora, tranquility, and natural beauty. Spanning 110 acres, it is the oldest botanic garden in Texas and offers a breathtaking array of plants and landscapes.
What to Expect
The Botanic Garden is home to over 2,500 species of plants in 23 specialty gardens. Here, you’ll find everything from the serene Japanese Garden, filled with beautiful koi ponds and meticulously landscaped plantings, to the stunning Rose Garden, a perfect spot to relax and soak up the Texas sun.
- Japanese Garden: A serene 7.5-acre garden featuring beautiful landscapes, a teahouse, and a moon viewing deck.
- Rose Garden: Home to over 500 varieties of roses, with blooming season creating a vibrant spectacle.
- Conservatory: A tropical paradise housing exotic plant species from around the world.
- Perennial Garden: Showcases beautiful perennial plantings that change with the seasons.
- Victory Garden: A demonstration vegetable garden providing a model for sustainable home gardening.
- Native Texas Boardwalk: Learn about the native plants and ecosystems of North Texas along this educational trail.
The Botanic Garden offers several amenities for visitors. A cafe serves up a range of refreshments and meals, and there’s also a gift shop where you can pick up a souvenir of your visit. Restrooms and picnic spots are scattered throughout the grounds.
Events and Tours
The Garden hosts a variety of events, from plant sales to educational workshops and guided tours. Check the Garden’s website or The RV Resort reception for the latest event information during your stay.
- Don’t forget your camera! The Garden offers countless photo opportunities.
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, and water bottle, especially during the hotter months.
- Check the Garden’s website for hours and admission fees.
Whether you’re a horticulture enthusiast or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, the Fort Worth Botanic Garden offers a unique and beautiful experience. Make sure to add it to your The RV Resort stay itinerary!